A few things you may not know about me…
1. I love God, family, and friends, and I’ve harbored a long-time love affair with Tom Selleck and his contagious laugh.
2. I have an aversion to food items marked “fat-free,” and in spite of what the food pyramid teaches, I stay perfectly healthy with the three C’s: Coffee, Chocolate, and Chinese food.
3. I love to read mystery/suspense with everyday people solving crimes or thrillers with evil serial killers that inevitably get payback in the end.
4. I’m a lover of motorcycles, off-road and on, and at one time our family-of-four boasted a collection of seven. Now with the kids grown, we only have five.
4. I can tell you from experience that two dogs are not easier than one and when your adult daughter brings another one home and wants to abandon it on your doorstep – JUST SAY NO!
5. I’ve been married for over thirty years and it only sometimes feels like forever.
6. I have a large collection of books and I purchased an e-reader with the mistaken notion that it would negate my need for another bookcase. WRONG!
7. From the time I learned to read, books have played a huge part in my life. Some of my favorite memories of childhood are from reading books: under my blankets with a flashlight, in school, while the teacher rambled on, and in the car while traveling. I don’t remember my actual childhood much, but I feel like I led a pretty exciting life through the pages of those books.
If you’re looking for a good book (other than mine), here are a few that I wholeheartedly recommend:
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Wish You Well by David Baldacci
Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell
After Anne by Roxanne Henke
The Mountains Bow Down by Sibella Giorello
Safely Home by Randy Alcorn
Havah by Tosca Lee
Damaris by Jane Sheridan
The Silk Vendetta by Victoria Holt
To Dance With Kings by Rosalind Laker
Final Jeopardy by Linda Fairstein
The Pawn by Steven James
Rain Dance by Joy DeKok
Harmful Intent by Nike Chillemi
Tantalus (The Sculptor’s Story) by Jane Jazz
Cassidy Jones and the Secret Formula by Elise Stokes