My kids often complained about things not being fair. As a parent, I told them that life wasn’t supposed to be fair—deal with it! (In a tender, motherly tone of course) But no matter how old we get, we all have situations that make us want to cry, “It’s not fair!”
Here are just a few of the things that continue to prove to me that life is not fair:
1. I should not still be getting pimples at 49 years of age.
2. If I’m running late for a very important meeting, every traffic light turns red.
3. When choosing a cart at the grocery store, I inevitably get one with a squeaky wheel. If I take it back and choose another, that one will have steering problems—only turning toward the sun.
4. If a bird lives within a hundred miles of me, it will fly over my house on a regular basis and poop on the window—and then my car.
5. Everyone else’s kid is studying to be a doctor, lawyer, physicist, or engineer. Mine is still striving to get the highest score in air guitar.
6. Working out for an hour each day does not even burn the small amount of calories I consume in Pizza, potato chips, and chocolate—which I need to survive.
7. Lettuce is gross. Bacon is awesome.
8. Morning people never grow out of it. They continue to be annoying through their entire lives!
9. Everyone over 40 who originally bought a cell phone just for “emergencies” has never actually had an emergency. (okay, maybe that’s not a bad thing)
Leave a comment and share something about your life that isn’t fair.